Welcome to NATURE MATCH CUTS (NMC),
the podcast exploring marvels of biodiversity and fascinating cultural heritage. Listen to inspiring stories from the intersections of science and nature writing, cultural knowledge and art!
In a confusing and challenging time of crisis and multiple transitions, we need to overcome the obstacles on our way to solutions and change: our anthropocentric and disconnected view of life. The more-than-human life should get a strong voice of storytelling.
You can make the difference:
Reconnect to nature with me!
I am Petra van Cronenburg, a journalist and nature lover. I'm broadcasting directly from the nature park Vosges du Nord in Eastern France with its richness of landscapes and historical finds.
Reconnecting to nature means love and compassion, means sensing our kinship, our connections with the more-than-human life.
Only if we feel connected to our natural and social environments, we can find and implement solutions because we are driven to protect what we love from the bottom of our hearts.
Get the awe through an inspiring change of perspective as flora, fauna, and landscapes become actors and storytellers.
Always on the last Thursday of the month starting with the 26th of July, 2022.
Website here at naturematchcuts.net
Find our supporting community with bonus material and free newsletter at steadyhq.com/naturematchcuts
Read more about NatureMatchCuts Behind The Scenes
Nature Match Cuts
No matter if you are a nature lover, eco-activist or just seeking inspirations for your every-day-life: get the awe through an inspiring change of perspective as flora, fauna, and landscapes become actors and storytellers.
Look for NatureMatchCuts in your favourite Podcatcher! And of course, you find the NatureMatchCuts-Podcast on these platforms:
Published Podcast Episodes
You can also listen directly here. For subscribing my podcast, go to your favourite platform. When you like it, don't forget to recommend me and share the podcast!
- When Gardeners Run Wild II. 1. Februar 2024Discover an extreme element for gardeners and pollinators in Part II of Ep. 7! Let's dive into prehistoric times or the Caribbean Sea. I sing like Kermit to find marine pollinators. We meet the oldest clone organism on earth and cheerleaders mopping the seabed. My interview with a bat and a cactus reveals everything about […]
- Ep 08 Shifting Times 29. September 2023How can we live with change when even traditions of the annual cycle no longer work? Myths and rituals talk about nature and biodiversity of ancient times. But with climate change, we are confronted with the phenomena of shifting baselines and "planetary amnesia". Listen to how we could redefine the storytelling connections of time and […]
- Ep 07 When Gardeners Run Wild (part 1) 31. März 2023Finally, spring - gardening time! It is said that humans developed farming with the Neolithic Revolution and later gardening. Did the idea suddenly pop up like that? Follow me on the trail of our furred and feathered colleagues, the farmers in chitin, and the forgetful gatherers dealing with seeds and plants, whole forests and landscaping! […]
- Season 01 Ep 06 Chatting With An Alien 31. Januar 2023Originally, I wanted to tell you how to experience a meadow with all your senses. A wonderful exercise to connect with nature or to get creative. Essential for Nature Writing. But then suddenly there was this strange alien who wanted to join in. An artificial, absolutely unnatural "thingy". Did it have any idea about human […]
- Season 01 Ep 05 She Dies In Beauty: Why You Can Feel Both Eco-Grief And Hope 31. Dezember 2022Did you ever feel eco-grief, this modern malaise, a mix made by knowledge and experience of biodiversity loss and climate crisis? How is it possible to feel hope at the same time? Come with me and visit a place of extreme ambiguity where a restricted area becomes a rewilding idyll. Learn about traditions of feeling […]