Welcome to NATURE MATCH CUTS (NMC),
the podcast exploring marvels of biodiversity and fascinating cultural heritage. Listen to inspiring stories from the intersections of science and nature writing, cultural knowledge and art!
In a confusing and challenging time of crisis and multiple transitions, we need to overcome the obstacles on our way to solutions and change: our anthropocentric and disconnected view of life. The more-than-human life should get a strong voice of storytelling.
You can make the difference:
Reconnect to nature with me!
I am Petra van Cronenburg, a journalist and nature lover. I'm broadcasting directly from the nature park Vosges du Nord in Eastern France with its richness of landscapes and historical finds.
Reconnecting to nature means love and compassion, means sensing our kinship, our connections with the more-than-human life.
Only if we feel connected to our natural and social environments, we can find and implement solutions because we are driven to protect what we love from the bottom of our hearts.
Get the awe through an inspiring change of perspective as flora, fauna, and landscapes become actors and storytellers.
Always on the last Thursday of the month starting with the 26th of July, 2022.
Website here at naturematchcuts.net
Find our supporting community with bonus material and free newsletter at steadyhq.com/naturematchcuts
Read more about NatureMatchCuts Behind The Scenes
Published Podcast Episodes
You can also listen directly here. For subscribing my podcast, go to your favourite platform. When you like it, don't forget to recommend me and share the podcast!
- Season 01 Ep 05 She Dies In Beauty: Why You Can Feel Both Eco-Grief And Hope 31. Dezember 2022Did you ever feel eco-grief, this modern malaise, a mix made by knowledge and experience of biodiversity loss and climate crisis? How is it possible to feel hope at the same time? Come with me and visit a place of extreme ambiguity where a restricted area becomes a rewilding idyll. Learn about traditions of feeling […]
- Season 01 Ep 04 Sitting With Your Beloved Sourdough 24. November 2022Let us scratch the anthropocentric view of life again in our new episode! During the pandemic, many of you grew monsters in the fridge: homemade sourdough. I'll tell you about the secrets of our countryside traditions. How they used to feed these monsters even after midnight. Today, scientists are studying the dirt that makes this […]
- Season 01 Ep 03 Sitting With Your Body Mates 30. September 2022After "deconstructing" our anthropocentric perspective of a tree and fungi in episode 2, let's now do it with ourselves! After this episode, you will look at your face with completely new eyes. Caress your cheek, take a selfie: you are never alone! Your skin is like the surface of a planet where little aliens live. […]
- Season 01 EP 02 Sitting With A Tree 25. August 2022Enjoy this more relaxed summer edition to learn to shift your perspective. Walk with me and my beagle Bilbo into the forest, where we will sit with a tree. In the beginning, it could sound strange. But believe me: after this episode, you will be able to look at a tree with different eyes as […]
- Season 01 EP 01 The Mess We Hate And The Beauty Of Brambles 4. August 2022Travel with NatureMatchCuts through times and spaces, and follow me deep into the brambles: Meet a pugnacious Madonna in the bushes and a sensitive Triceratops at breakfast. A beautiful creature fights against a garden of horror and teaches us more laziness. We look at hedges while having our perspective changed by a dog. Reconnect with […]