Petra van Cronenburg
... is a writer, journalist and paper artist, living in the French nature park of the Northern Vosges in Alsace. She works at the intersection of art and ecology, of cultural heritage and concepts for a future worth living.
Cross-cultural work - Multimedia - Mixed Media. Facts - Literature - Arts.
Languages: German (Muttersprache), English, French, Polish.
- Religious studies, Jewish studies, and Protestant theology in Tübingen.
- Trained journalist and editor since 1986, worked for print and radio.
- In the 1990s own media agency in Warsaw, Poland, work in English and Polish language.
- Books in renowned German publishing houses such as Hanser and Suhrkamp-Insel, and also in her own Edition Tetebrec.
- Collaboration on EU-funded binational cultural and tourism projects for regional development (research, conception, writing, translation), f.e. Interreg Pamina 21, Eurodistrict Pamina and LEADER Programs.
- As a literary translator (French - German) funded by the Cultural Department of the French Embassy Berlin and the Centre national du livre. European Garden Book Award 3rd place for a translation in 2013.
- More than 20 years performance experience as an author, 2014 premiere of her own theatre play in collaboration with the Baden-Baden Theatre and the City Library (the author herself was on stage for the prologue). Literary city walks about historic Russian artists and salons in Baden-Baden (in the role of the fiktive Anna Orlando).
- 2016 opening of the "Atelier Tetebrec" for paper art and paper jewellery.
- 2016-2020 collaboration on the content management of digital learning systems for Ulmer Verlag, Stuttgart (education in "green" professions, especially horticulture, landscaping, biology and agriculture; environmental and landscape protection, digitisation of an encyclopedia of bees).
- Collaboration with the Cultural Heritage Center "Maison Rurale" (museum and exhibition tours, workshops for art journaling).
- Since 2020 digital workshops for art journaling.
- Nature Writing. Latest Essay for the Center for Humans & Nature, Libertyville, Illinois (USA): Sweet Lady Violet Or The Fabric Of Life.
- 2017 / 2018 / 2019 Brooklyn Art Library, New York (USA): International Sketchbookproject - participation with two artist books for the library.
Sketchbook on Tour at Design the Night, RISD Museum, Providence - in Toronto (Canada), The Distillery Historic District - part of a summer residency at Governor's Island in NYC - on Tour in Chicago (USA), Hyde Park Art Center - in Atlanta (USA), Ponce City Market.
- 2016 Kutzenhausen / Soultz-sous-Forets (F), International Festival of Cross Stitch & Arts: Paper Art - Book Art - Paper Jewellery.
- 1993-1996 Warsaw (Pl) various exhibitions in the cellar gallery of MAEVE Sp.z.o.o. (Paintings, mixed media).
- End of 1980s Gondelsheim (D), town hall: jewellery fantasies.
- End of 1980s Bruchsal (D), town library: "Invented Excavations" (artist's jewellery inspired by excavation catalogues).
- 1970s / early 1980s Rastatt (D), Fruchthalle / Pagodenburg / Sparkasse: paintings (watercolours), drawings (red chalk / charcoal / Chinese ink).
Articles About My Studio Atelier Tetebrec: